This is a list of resources for finding real work at home jobs. Although I’ve done my best to make sure all of these companies are legitimate and hiring, things change and I can’t keep up with all the websites listed here. So please use your best judgment when applying for any online job.
What Kind of Companies Hire at Home Employees?
If you know where to look you can find a work at home job in almost any industry. Obviously some industries are much better suited to taking on home based employees and have even more opportunities for freelance work, like the tech field, but again if you are flexible with your job search you can easily find a great work at home job.
Here’s a sample of the kind of work you can do from home…
• Customer Service – Some of the easiest home jobs to get are in the customer service fields. Instead of outsourcing customer service jobs large companies now have the option of turning to one of many call centers staffed entirely by home workers. By eliminating the costs of running a brick and mortar office these companies can compete with offshore operations and in many cases provide a better customer experience.
• Virtual Assistant – There’s a new trend of small and large businesses hiring virtual assistants to provide administrative and secretarial support to their employees. Advances in office technology have made this a rather effective solution for many busy individuals.
• Virtual Tutoring – another niche seeing increased demand for qualified individuals. Many internet based companies are hiring tutors to service students of all ages and needs. Cutting out the costs of travel and scheduling conflicts online tutoring is a simple solution that is beneficial to both tutors and students.
This should start giving you an idea of the kinds of work at home jobs that you can find through our directory and recommended job search sites…
Check Out Our Directory of Work at Home Jobs Below:
Free Job Search Sites:
• oDesk – Is a hub that connects remote workers with project managers from around the world. There are a variety of jobs always available in many fields, it’s always a good idea to start your job search at oDesk.
• CraigsList – By now everyone has heard of Craigslist but many people don’t know that it is a great tool for finding real work at home jobs. However a word of caution, many of the aforementioned scams originate on this site, so it’s important to carefully scrutinize the offers found on cragislist.
• eLance.com – Is one of the most popular freelance websites around, one of the best sites to find legitimate contract based work. There are always a multitude of projects available to apply for and you can find anything from technical to writing jobs posted on the site.
• SimplyHired.com – Is a massive job search engine that can be used to find real work at home jobs. It is prone to some commercial and less than legit job entries so the best tip is to use smarter keywords when you search. For instance instead of typing in “work at home” try telecommuting or home shoring instead.
This list should contain more than enough information to get you started on a legitimate work at home job search. Feel free to bookmark this page and check back as often as you need until you find the right job for you.